Sunday, January 27, 2008

Creamy Fettucine with Squash Sauce


I've been going through recipe's I've saved on the computer and haven't used yet. I came across this recipe for a fettucine with squash sauce, and I just happened to have pumpkin in my fridge ready and waiting to be eaten.

I was rather disappointed at first. It wasn't until after we added nutritional yeast and a whole lot of salt (I typically don't use a lot of salt), that this had any flavor at all. The asparagus on the side was very tasty though! It might be worth it to experiment with this recipe, but there are so many others that I'd rather try first. Maybe another time, when I have some more squash that needs to be used.

It's been getting so much fun to let our baby sample different things lately. When he likes something he screeches with delight! He loves to feed himself too. Hopefully sometime during dinner, I'll remember to take a photo of his dinner too. Last night, he tried asparagus, and ate it all up, but he wasn't very thrilled with the noodle.

2 comments:

Vegan_Noodle said...

Oh yum, this is making me want some asparagus bad. How great that your little one liked it too!

And good news, the recipe for the smlove pie is online...
http://isachandra.livejournal.com/61529.html

Lizzy said...

Thanks for leaving a note on my blog =)
I would happily give you some of those cupcakes, I made way too many.

Aww that's so sweet about your baby, I'm sure he makes dinner a lot more fun when drooling over your food =)
It looks tasty, but I'm not too much of a pumpkin fan. I love love love green asparagus though, it's so good. I'm actually surprised your baby liked it, I'm sure I would've detested it as a baby(luckily I'm not that picky anymore) =p