Friday, August 3, 2007

Quinoa, Beans & Rainbow Veggies













I finally remembered to take a photo of our dinner! Tonight we had Quinoa, Red Beans & Rainbow Veggies (for lack of a better title). It's a great protein packed meal for super cheap. I used dried red beans, but I've also made this with black beans and black eyed peas. Pintos would work too. I try to use dried beans because they are cheaper, but of course canned would work with this recipe.

  • 1 cup dried quinoa
  • 1-2 cups cooked beans (your choice)
  • 2 peppers (green, yellow, red, orange, etc)
  • 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
  • Any other veggies you have on hand (I used some summer squash from the farmers market).
  • Olive Oil
  • Tamari or Bragg's Liquid Amino's


Cook quinoa as directed (one cup Quinoa to 2 c. water)
Saute veggies in olive oil
When quinoa is done, add beans and veggies, mix together and serve with tamari or Bragg's.

No comments: