This was a great recipe. It was inspired by a broccoli & mushroom Alfredo off of vegweb.com. But I feel I altered it enough to call it my own.
- Penne pasta (as much as you would eat in one sitting)
- 2/3 cup broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup plain soy milk
- 2 tablespoons white flour
- 1 crushed or chopped garlic cloves (to taste)
- plenty of salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 2/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (any kind)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vegan margarine (I like Earth Balance)
- 1/2 c. nutritional yeast
Start boiling water for the pasta. chop the garlic and add to an oiled pan- saute on med heat. Chop mushrooms and add to garlic in the pan. When water boils, add penne pasta. In a med saucepan mix together milk, flour, margarine, olive oil, and yeast. Bring to a boil over med heat until thick while occasionally whisking sauce. Before you drain the pasta, add chopped broccoli to the boiling water and cook for about 3-5 mins. Drain. Mix with sauce and mushrooms, top with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
We liked this a lot. It was really easy and quick to make, with not a lot of chopping. It's a keeper!