Sunday, September 30, 2007

Tofu-Cheese & Veggie Lasagna


Tonight we had dinner at my mother-in-law's. I made a "Cheezy" Tofu Lasagna, with a side of store bought potato rosemary bread and salad. This recipe is so easy, I know it off the top of my head (it's modified versions from several recipes). I got rave reviews, they especially liked the fresh tomatoes that I topped it with, it made a really nice touch.

Ingredients:
  • 12 strips of Lasagna noodles, cooked until they are mostly done.
  • 1 package of firm water packed tofu- drained
  • 1 container "Tofutti" non-hydrogenated cream cheese
  • 1 c. nutritional yeast
  • 1 bunch of spinach
  • 1/4 c. chopped onion
  • 1 small zucchini
  • 1 tomato, diced
  • 1 bell pepper
  • 1 jar of spaghetti sauce
Directions:

While noodles are cooking, preheat oven to 375 F. In a small saucepan heat tofu, cream cheese and nutritional yeast together, over Med. heat, until melted- stirring often. In an oiled skillet combine onion, zucchini and pepper and saute until tender. In an 9x12 casserole dish, place one layer of cooked noodles on the bottom, cover with saute'd veggies, spinach leaves and half-jar of sauce. Add another layer of noodles and top with cheese mixture. Cover with noodles and top with spinach, sauce and diced tomato (you can add shredded soy cheese too, if you'd like). Bake at 375 for about 35-45 mins. Serve with garlic bread and enjoy with your family!

4 comments:

Vegan_Noodle said...

Mmm, I love lasagna. DOn't make it too often because it always makes a TON of food. I like your addition of fresh tomatoes!

Whitney said...

This is definetely the lasagnae recipe i have been waiting for. Every other one I've found is similar, but calls for carrots, and to me I am not too excited about carrots in lasagnae. This sounds and looks excellent.

Whitney said...

I made this tonight and it was soooo good! It was gone in like 5 minutes, one of my new favorites!

Lizzy said...

Thanks! I am in love with the
"cheese" sauce from this recipe! Glad you liked it :)