Saturday, May 24, 2008

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY!

Last weekend was my son's first birthday! I cannot believe how quickly time goes by... how fast they grow! We had his party on a perfect weather weekend, at our favorite park in Salt Lake. I made chocholate and vanilla cupcakes from VCTOTW, and we just had finger foods to go with them. I made 3 dozen cupcakes, because that is how much my new cupcake carrier holds, and that was barely enough! See the pics below :)

My new cupcake carrier


3 dozen cupcakes


My sweet boy just realized everyone was signing to him!


Instead of taking the cupcake out of my hands, he decided to just dive right in!


Enjoying his very own cupcake

He got a little messy, and it was so much fun watching him eat that thing. I'm not the kind of mom that doesn't let my child eat sweets. I love sweets, why shouldn't he? He is, afterall, a child. And nothing is sweeter than his mama's milk! So it was not his first time eating a cupcake, but it is the first time I've let him feed himself a cupcake out of the sheer messiness of it!

I also love that new cupcake carrier. I saw it on HSN online, but bought it on Amazon for the free shipping. I will be using it for many, many birthdays, holidays, and every other occasion I can make an excuse to bake yummy treats!

7 comments:

Vegan_Noodle said...

Awwww, how cute!! Happy birthday to your little boy :-)

DJ said...

Awww - happy birthday to your not-so-baby boy! And I just love your fancy new cupcake carrier!

Muthering Heights said...

He is SO cute! Those cupcakes look yummy!

Rose said...

Happy Birthday to your son! He looks so cute eating his cupcake :)

carrie said...

You are right on, they grow way too fast. It's so bittersweet.

I let my girls eat sweets too. We eat them all of the time. They eat yummy, healthy vegan food for every meal, why not celebrate with some sweet goodness!!

Erin said...

Your son is adorable, and I am jealous of your cupcake courier!

Isil Simsek said...

happy belated birthday LO!Lizzy,he's such a big boy now and so cute!and yes,those cupcakes look yummy!