Monday, May 26, 2008

Baked Potatoes Au Gratin


I haven't contributed a recipe on my blog in a long time.. this is a recipe that I created when I was really pregnant and wanting some comfort food loaded with carbs. I submitted this recipe on www.vegweb.com a while ago, before I started this blog. It hasn't gotten a lot of reviews, so if you try this, please give me your feedback there if you can!

Recipe:
4-5 medium Yukon Gold potatoes (or your favorite)
2/3 cup nutritional yeast
2 cups plain soy milk
1 tablespoon flour
vegan bacon bits
French fried onions (French's is vegan)
vegan butter
salt & pepper to taste

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375

Slice potatoes and place them in a casserole dish, top with butter.

In a separate bowl, whisk flour, yeast and soymilk and pour onto potatoes.

Top with vegan bacon bits and fried onions.

Cover and bake for about an hour, until the top is browned and potatoes are cooked.

Top with more vegan bacon bits and fried onions.

Serves: 4

Preparation time: 15 minutes or less

I always like to serve these with green beans on the side.

No comments: